Tres Leches Cake (Half Sheet). Tres Leches Cake translated literally means " three milks " because the cake itself is soaked with three types of milk: Condensed milk, evaporated milk and heavy whipping cream (some people prefer to use whole milk here, coconut milk or even half and half). Tres Leches Cake (Half Sheet) This is a full half sheet. You can substitute whole milk yogurt for the sour cream if desired, I do it all the time and can't really tell the difference.
This golden sponge cake, a native of Latin America, is liberally soaked with tres leches (three milks: condensed, evaporated, and heavy cream), and would seem, at first read-through of the recipe, to be unbearably sweet — to say nothing of soggy. But the cake itself is only mildly sweet; and it's literally a sponge cake, soaking up and holding the liquid so that each mouthful is a just-sweet. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil, vanilla, and eggs. You can cook Tres Leches Cake (Half Sheet) using 19 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tres Leches Cake (Half Sheet)
- You need 3 cup of All Purpose Flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 8 of Large Eggs (Separated).
- It’s 3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of Milk (1℅).
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 pinch of ground cinnamon.
- It’s of Milk Mixture.
- It’s 2 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk (14oz).
- You need 2 can of evaporated milk (12oz).
- You need 2 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream.
- You need 2 tsp of Vanilla.
- It’s 1 pinch of ground cinnamon.
- You need of Whipped Topping.
- It’s 4 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream.
- You need 4 tsp of Vanilla.
- It’s 1 cup of Powdered Sugar.
- You need of Decor.
- Prepare 2 box of Strawberries.
Remove the cake from the springform pan and and place on a serving plate. Pierce the cake several times across the top with a fork. But I'd never heard of the cake. Ana went on to explain to me what Tres Leches Cake is: a light, airy sponge cake soaked with a mixture of three milks: evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and heavy cream.
Tres Leches Cake (Half Sheet) step by step
- Preheat Oven to 350°. Spray Pan with cooking spray.(Half Sheet Pan 17x11x2 or cut the recipe in half for a 9×13 pan).
- Mix Flour and Baking Powder with whisk and set aside..
- In a large mixing bowl beat Egg Whites until frothy. Gradually add Sugar + beat until it forms soft peaks. Add yolks one at a time mixing after each one..
- Add Vanilla and Mix again..
- Add flour in 3 additions alternating with Milk(1%)..
- Pour batter into pan and bake for (30+mins) until golden brown..
- Remove from oven and place in freezer on a thick folded towel to avoid heat spreading to other items in the freezer. Leave it to cool for 1 hour..
- Poke holes all over cake. (I use a toothpick but a two prong fork works as well)..
- Combine all of the Milk Mixture ingredients and gently pour over your cooled cake. You may have to take your time to let the milk soak in to add more..
- Refrigerate Cake Overnight or at least 4 hours..
- For the Whipped Topping. Beat Heavy Whipping Cream + Vanilla in a Large Bowl until soft peaks form.(this takes a while)..
- Add Powdered Sugar a little at a Time until you have reached your desired sweetness..
- Frost your cake and decorate with fresh fruit of your choice..
- Keep refrigerated until you serve..
Some say the cake comes from Nicaragua; others, Mexico. Place one of the layers, flat side down, on a cake platter. Using a fork, poke the top all around, going all the way to the edges and poke through the depth of the cake. Tres Leches Cake is one of the best Mexican desserts! It a deliciously rich and moist, milk soaked cake that always gets compliments every time I make it.