Thai Massaman Curry.
You can cook Thai Massaman Curry using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thai Massaman Curry
- It’s 350 g of Chicken Meat (cut into pieces).
- Prepare 300 g of Potatoes (diced).
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Tamarind Paste (soaked in 1/2 cup warm water).
- You need 1 cup of Coconut Milk.
- You need 1-2 Tbsp of Palm Sugar.
- You need of [Marinade].
- Prepare 2 pinches of Salt (or more).
- You need 1/2 tsp of White Pepper (or more).
- It’s of [Massaman Spice Mix] – ground well.
- It’s 1 pc of Cinnamon Stick.
- It’s 5 pc of Cardamom Pods.
- It’s 5 pc of Cloves.
- You need 5 pc of Black peppercorns.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- It’s of [Curry Paste] – processed in a blender.
- Prepare 30 g of Red Chillies (deseed).
- It’s 30 g of Green Chillies (deseed).
- You need 40 g of Garlic.
- Prepare 40 g of Shallots.
- It’s 20 g of Finger.
- You need 20 g of Galangal.
- It’s 1 tsp of Shrimp Paste.
Thai Massaman Curry instructions
- MARINADE; season the Chicken with Salt and Pepper and set aside for 30 minutes or more..
- CHICKEN: heat 4 Tbsp of Cooking Oil until hot. Sauté the Spice Mix for 1 minute. Then add the Chicken and coat well. Cook the Chicken until brown all over..
- PASTE & POTATOES: add the Curry Paste and Potatoes. Mix well and cook until the oil separates..
- LIQUIDS: then add in the Coconut Milk, Tamarind Juice, Palm Sugar and mix well. Bring it to a simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring the bottom occasionally..
- FINISH: after 10 minutes, remove the lid, and continue to cook until the gravy thickens. Garnish with Fresh Coriander Leaves and serve with rice..