Massaman curry rice. 'Massaman Curry' is a traditional Thai dish that imbibes many aspects of Malay curries. Massaman curried rice is a memorable rice 'experience' that involves flavouring steamed rice, marinated cottage cheese and veggies with massaman curry paste and garnishing the preparation with crisp crushed peanuts and spring onion greens. This Thai inspired Massaman Curry recipe includes onions, carrots, potatoes, and chicken simmered in massaman curry sauce and served over steamed rice.
Don't miss my other favorites including Drunken Noodles, Thai Basil Beef, and Easy Pad Thai. Massaman curry is a traditional Thai-style curry, popular for being milder in flavor and rich in taste. When students in Georgia were challenged to use local ingredients to come up with a creative dish that could be easily made in cafeterias, this recipe was a finalist. You can cook Massaman curry rice using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Massaman curry rice
- Prepare 1 cup of Rice – (soak them for half an hour).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Spring onions.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garlic paste.
- It’s 2-3 of Baby corns – (finely chopped).
- You need As needed of Broccoli – florets (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1/2 of Capsicum –(finely chopped).
- It’s ¼ cup of Paneer and Tofu – each (cut into small squares).
- It’s 4-5 of mushrooms – (all finely chopped).
- It’s 1 of Carrot –(finely chopped).
- Prepare 2 pieces of Dry red chillies –(deseeded and roughly cut).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Tamarind pulp.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s ½ tsp of Red chilli paste – (soak two dry chillies in warm water and make a paste) or red chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Coriander and cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Vinegar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Soya sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Red curry paste – (dissolved in two tbsp. water).
- It’s ½ cup of coconut milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of salted peanuts – . (Crushed).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon stalk.
- You need 1, 1/2 cups of water.
The kids wanted to cook their rice in milk with turmeric to give it a creamy texture and golden color, but they swapped in. What Kind Of Rice Is Best With Massaman Curry? The best rice to use is Jasmine Rice. Jasmine rice is a long-grain, dry rice that goes well with every Thai dish.
Massaman curry rice step by step
- Boil 6-8 cups of water with 2 tsp of salt. Add rice. Cook them on a medium flame. Keep stirring until the rice are tender. Drain the rice and keep it on the strainer for 5 minutes. Fluff with the fork. Spread them on a tray for 1 hour before you stir fry..
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry paneer and tofu and take it out. In the same oil add onions and garlic paste. Fry them for few minutes..
- Add all the vegetables. Fry them for few minutes..
- In a bowl, take coconut milk. Add red curry paste, crushed peanut and lemon stalk..
- Add this to the sautéed vegetables. Add water. Add in rice and Cook till the water gets evaporated and rice are done..
It is more fragrant than most rice varieties, which is why it is also known as "aromatic rice". Brown Jasmine rice can also be used. Massaman is an old way of saying "Muslim", for many of the dry spices were carried to Thailand by early Muslim traders. Like Indian curries, this curry is heavy on dry spices and very aromatic. It's typically served with rice or roti, and sometimes with a side of ajaat.