Indonesian Rendang Curry. One of the more popular Indonesian dishes in Thailand and throughout Asia is rendang chicken or beef curry. Rendang is considered a "dry" curry, which means the sauce is simmered down to a minimum. Because it is so distilled, the sauce sticks to the meat, making this dish incredibly flavorful.
Indonesian Beef Curry This Indonesian beef curry recipe will show you how to make a Rendang curry (as it is known in Indonesia). This beef Rendang recipe is not only very easy to make, but it does produce an absolutely delicious beef curry, as the beef is slow cooked in coconut milk. OK, so it is not quick to make, but it is worth the wait. You can cook Indonesian Rendang Curry using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Rendang Curry
- You need 500 g of beef meat.
- It’s 65 ml of coconut oil or you may take instant coconut oil (1 small package of instant coconut oil).
- It’s of 1 green leek union.
- Prepare of 10 pcs of keffir leaves.
- You need of 10 pcs of garlic.
- It’s of 5 pcs of shallots.
- Prepare of 5 pcs of chili (you may add it as your reference).
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Corriander.
- Prepare of Ginger.
- It’s of Lemongrass.
- It’s of Pepper.
- Prepare of Cinnamon.
- You need of Sugar.
It is a delicious Indonesian dish prepared with a myriad of herbs and spices cooking for a few hours until all the liquids have been completely absorbed by the meat. Beef rendang is best eaten with steamed rice and condiments such as fried onions and chili pieces. You do not need to travel to Sumatra of Indonesia. The popular Indonesian Rendang curry originates from the island of Sumatra.
Indonesian Rendang Curry instructions
- Put all herbs (lemongrass, pepper, ginger, garlic, shallots, corriander, cinnamon, sugar and vegetable oil) into food processor and punch it until its smooth.
- Cut the beef into cubed. Boil the cubed beef with keffir leaves, green leak union, garlic and shallots until tender. It tooks 3-4 hours till the beef tender, using medium high heat pan.
- Remain at least 2 cups of the broth inside the pan. Pour coconut oil and the herbs from food processor…
- Simmer it in low heat, stir occasionally until the water has reduce to gravy. Serve with hot rice.
Here, the local Minangkabau people prepare it with much love and care for important festive occasions such as weddings and traditional ceremonies. Chicken Rendang, or Rendang Ayam is a lip-smacking Indonesian dry curry that's loaded with tender chicken simmered with a spice paste and coconut milk until there's almost no sauce left. At this point, the remaining sauce is caramelize around the chicken along with roasted coconut to create an ultra-flavorful coating around each piece of chicken. INDONESIAN RENDANG CURRY Indonesian cuisine has always been influential in Thai cooking. One of the more popular Indonesians dishes in Thailand and throughout Asia is Rendang Chicken or Beef Curry.