Sweet and Spicy Chicken (Indonesian Style). Sweet and Spicy Chicken (Indonesian Style) instructions. Add cooking oil to a pan and wait until oil is getting hot and fry chicken on medium heat until light golden. Remove chicken from the pan, and discard almost all the oil,leaving just a bit in the pan.
I used this as main dish that i served with Japanese steam rice and vegies,, so tasty and yummy in my tummy ,,, so i share it for you if interested just recook :). Simple Indonesian style honey garlic chicken make in one skillet! The chicken is crispy, the sauce is sticky, sweet, and a little spicy. You can have Sweet and Spicy Chicken (Indonesian Style) using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet and Spicy Chicken (Indonesian Style)
- It’s of Marinade :.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic (grated).
- Prepare to taste of Pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of chicken powder.
- It’s of Ingredient :.
- It’s of Boneless Chicken breast.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic (chopped).
- It’s 4 of shallot (chopped).
- Prepare 1 of tomato (cut).
- It’s 3 of orange leafs.
- You need 2 cm of galangal (smashed).
- You need 2 cm of ginger (smashed).
- Prepare 1 of lemonggrass (smashed).
- It’s of Indonesian Sweet soy sauce.
- Prepare of Tomato Ketchup.
- It’s of White pepper.
- You need 1 tbs of Butter.
- You need of Water.
- Prepare of Chicken powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of brown sugar.
- You need of Cooking oil.
- You need 5 of red chillies (cut small) – The amount of chilli depends on how spicy you want it to be.
So good and so easy to make! STARTING THE WEEK OFF WITH A ???. Indonesian spicy chicken or we call it ayam rica-rica is savory and spicy chicken dishes from North Sulawesi. Hearty and satisfying meal for those who love spicy foods.
Sweet and Spicy Chicken (Indonesian Style) step by step
- Cut medium chicken and marinade about 30 minutes.
- Add cooking oil to a pan and wait until oil is getting hot and fry chicken on medium heat until light golden.
- Remove chicken from the pan, and discard almost all the oil,leaving just a bit in the pan.
- Add butter wait until melt, put in garlic, chilli,shallot, galangal,ginger, orange leafs, lemonggrass and wait until fragrant. Put the chicken back in the pan and stir it.
- Add some water and cook untill chicken really cooked, add sweet soy sauce, tomato ketchup, tomato, pepper, sugar,chicken powder,and stir it.
- Stir to coat well the chicken for few minutes untill sauce has thickened..
- Taste it and served immediately with rice,, nom nom :)).
Disclaimer: This recipe is originally from my and my friend's old food blog Hayu Cooking. We no longer made new recipes for Hayu Cooking. My husband and three children love this tender, sweet and spicy chicken. Peach preserves add just a touch of sweetness, while taco seasoning and salsa give this dish some kick. This entree can be made even zippier yet by adding more taco seasoning and using spicier salsa. —Sheri White, Higley, Arizona Ayam kecap pedas is an Indonesian take on Chinese chicken in ginger and soy sauce.