Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng). Buy Indonesian Nasi Goreng Mix Instant Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) Nasi Goreng is the popular Indonesian fried rice which is traditionally served with a fried egg. I love the unique dark brown, caramelised colour of the rice! It's a simple recipe, you won't need to hunt down any unusual ingredients, and it's one of my favourite Indonesian foods – and I'm betting you will love it too. 🙂 Nasi goreng is essentially Indonesia's take on fried rice.
This dish can be enjoyed by itself or as the basis of a larger meal, for example with a rijsttafel. A tasty recipe (and video!) for Nasi Goreng (Indonesian Fried Rice) loaded up with fresh healthy veggies! Keep it vegan with Turmeric Tofu or add an egg (or chicken or shrimp!) – up to you! You can have Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng) using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng)
- You need 5 cup of rice, cooked.
- You need 3 of eggs, beaten.
- You need 4 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 4 clove of shallot.
- Prepare 3 each of fresh red chilies.
- You need 3 clove of candleberry nut (known as indian walnut/kemiri).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chicken, fried and chopped (optional).
- You need 5 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of sweet soya sauce.
- You need 1 of cucumber, sliced.
A fast and healthy dinner recipe the whole family will love. Nasi Goreng, in a nutshell, is Indonesian Fried Rice. It's simple food, typically made with leftover ingredients, and varies quite a bit. Nasi goreng or Indonesian fried rice is one of the most requested recipes on Rasa Malaysia.
Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng) step by step
- Grind garlic, shallot, red chilies, and candleberry nut. You can also use blender and add a little cooking oil instead of water. (But grinding the seasoning will improve the taste than blending it, because by grinding them, its oil will come out)..
- Pour cooking oil into a frying pan and let it heat..
- Saute grinded seasoning til it smells good..
- Pour beaten eggs into the pan and scramble them..
- Add rice and chopped chicken into the pan..
- Add salt, white pepper and sweet soya sauce. Mix them well..
- Keep mixing them for a while, then it is ready to be served. Best served with sliced cucumber and chips..
For those who are anxiously awaiting a nasi goreng post, wait no more as I have gotten just the perfect nasi goreng recipe for you. Nasi Goreng is Indonesian-style fried rice typically flavored with shrimp paste, chili, tamarind, and kecap manis. It is commonly served with a fried egg and a generous sprinkling of fried shallots on top along with prawn crackers and pickled cucumbers as accompaniments. Nasi Goreng (Indonesian Fried Rice) Nasi Goreng is the national dish of Indonesia cooked by street vendors in food carts across the country. It's extremely easy to make and it tastes delicious!