Sayur Bening (Indonesian Clear Soup). The one that Indonesians usually make for sayur bening is the Amaranth Greens with pure green leaves. In indonesia, the ones that have a mix The key of making sayur bening is fingerroot or known as Chinese key or temu kunci in Indonesian. It's very easy to make, simple, no stir fry process.
Add the tomatoes and return to a simmer, then add the spinach; remove from heat once the spinach is bright green. Add the fish sauce and season with salt and. Sayur bening bayam, spinach and corn in clear soup. You can have Sayur Bening (Indonesian Clear Soup) using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sayur Bening (Indonesian Clear Soup)
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of corn kernels.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sweet potato leaves.
- It’s of about 1 inch of fingerroot, smashed (optional).
Great recipe for Sayur Bening (Indonesian Clear Soup). This is an extremely easy soup to prepare. I think it's one of the recipes that I've mastered when I was a child. Since I happen to have some sweet potato leaves, I used them instead.
Sayur Bening (Indonesian Clear Soup) step by step
- Sweet potato leaves look like hearts. They are so cute. Wash and pat dry the leaves..
- Boil the water. Add the rest of the ingredients..
- Lower the heat and simmer until the corn kernels and sweet potato leaves are soft..
- Adjust the taste when necessary..
The key of making sayur bening is fingerroot or known as Chinese key or temu kunci in Indonesian. It's very easy to make, simple, no stir fry process included. I barely see Indonesian recipes by using fingerroot except in Javanese cooking. So, I'll share the recipe from my family. Sayur Bening Bayam Merah – Indonesian Red Amaranth Clear.